Anonymous said: dating advice?
everybody is an enormous waste of time
Uptown Girls (2003)
“put your seat belt on,”
“watch your step,”
“get some rest,” …you’ve just got to listen.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
"We went on one date, I met her at the post office, we had a coffee. I wasn’t interested in pursuing things further, I told her that, very clearly. I started receiving phone calls, facebook messages, texts, e-mails, she showed up at my house. I made it clear to her that her advances were unwanted, and then I began receiving threats. I changed my phone number, my e-mail account and I moved. Twice. Each time she found me. When I started dating my current girlfriend, Angela, she showed up at Atlantic City where we had gone for the weekend. She left notes on my car, she threw trash on my lawn, she left voice-mails yelling about how I wasn’t helping enough with the dog. I don’t even have a dog. And then she threatened to strangle Angela, that’s when I got a restraining order. We found a home-made explosive device under Angela’s car."