Love says: I’ve seen the ugly parts of you, and I’m staying.
- you have never seen your own face, only reflections and pictures
- something is always touching you
- you can always see your nose
- your tongue never sits comfortably in your mouth
- you will never feel something exactly the same way someone else does
- you can’t imagine a new colour
Why would you fucking do that
I firmly believe in small gestures: pay for their coffee, hold the door for strangers, over tip, smile or try to be kind even when you don’t feel like it, pay compliments, chase the kid’s runaway ball down the sidewalk and throw it back to him, try to be larger than you are— particularly when it’s difficult. People do notice, people appreciate. I appreciate it when it’s done to (for) me. Small gestures can be an effort, or actually go against our grain (“I’m not a big one for paying compliments…”), but the irony is that almost every time you make them, you feel better about yourself. For a moment life suddenly feels lighter, a bit more Gene Kelly dancing in the rain.